Elections 2023


On Thursday 4 May 2023 there will be elections for Malvern Town Council.

The elections are the community’s chance to pick the councillors who will represent them for the next four years.

What does the Town Council do?

The Town Council looks after Great Malvern Cemetery, Victoria Park, Rosebank Gardens, allotment sites, play areas, football pitches, a skateboard park, basketball courts, gas lamps, bins, benches and bus shelters as well as a number of other green and open spaces.

Town Council events include Bands in the Park, The Mayor’s Bonanza, Remembrance commemorations, the Christmas Festival, and fundraising events for the Mayoral charity amongst others.

The Town Council is also here to represent the views of the residents of Malvern on issues such as planning, highways and environmental issues.

How much time will it take up?

Every councillor attends Full Council meetings and one of the council’s two main committees which means one to two meetings per month held mainly on a Wednesday at 6pm. There are working parties and events to also get involved in, but how much you do is up to you.

Do I need formal qualifications or experience?

No – just enthusiasm and an interest in representing your community in local matters. We need people from all backgrounds and experiences to put themselves forward for election.

Malvern Town Council works hard to care for and maintain a large number of assets in the town. The Town Council provides important services to the local community, runs events throughout the year and represents the views of local people.

Being a councillor is a rewarding experience. You represent the community, shape its future and plan for the services it needs.

You do not need any specific qualifications or experience, just enthusiasm, commitment and an interest in local matters.

What sort of things will I get involved with?

Malvern Town Council has several large projects underway which councillors elected in May 2023 will get involved in. These include:

  • A new building at Victoria Park
  • Recreation facilities at newly acquired land off Mill Lane
  • Skateboard park facilities at Victoria Park
  • Review of Town Council events programme

To be a councillor you need to be:

  • a British or commonwealth citizen
  • at least 18 years old
  • registered to vote in the area or have lived, worked or owned property there for at least twelve months before an election.

For more details about eligibility and the application process please contact Electoral Services at Malvern Hills District Council:

elections@malvernhills.gov.uk 01684 862200


Download a leaflet here